“Gathering to Grow Part II” on 28 March 2017, Brussels, European Parliament (15h-18h)
In Gathering to Grow Part II, Euclid Network, members of its social enterprise network, along with other key stakeholders, will meet at the European Parliament to support efforts to regain momentum in EU policy and funding for social enterprise. The event is being hosted by Guillaume Balas MEP.
We need to raise awareness among EU Commissioners and Parliamentarians as well as national ministers about our responses to major societal and economic challenges for Europe. Bringing together social entrepreneurs with EU policy actors will allow for a genuine and honest debate about the entrepreneurial and political power to drive positive change – and perhaps show how much Europe’s citizens need us and how much we need each other.
Who to expect?
- Members of the European Parliament
- Social enterprise networks from across Europe
- Members of the European Commission's expert group on Social entrepreneurship (GECES)
- Social enterprises experts
- Social entrepreneurs and innovators
List of participants available here.
What to expect?
- Round table 1: a feature of social enterprises that support and facilitate the integration of refugees and migrants
- Round table 2: a reflexion on a European Action Plan on Social Enterprises as called for by the GECES
Download our updated programme (incl. all logistics details) here.
- Jaan Aps, President of Social Enterprise Network, Estonia and Member of GECES
- Guillaume Balas, Member of the European Parliament, S&D group
- Veronique De Leener Maks, Director, Capital Digital, Belgium - Finalist of the EU Social Innovation Prize Competition
- Ulla Engelmann, Head of Unit, Social Economy & Entrepreneurship, European Commission, DG GROW
- John Low, President of Euclid Network and CEO of Charities Aid Foundation
- Jean-Michel Lafleur,Associate Director, Center for Ethnic and Migration Studies (CEDEM), Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Liege, Belgium
- Eric Pliez, CEO, Aurore, France
- Jean Lambert, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance
- Stefan Panhuijsen, Director of Policy, Social Enterprise Netherlands
ParticipationMake sure you arrive 45 minutes before the start of the meeting at the European Parliament with your identity document and your confirmation email.
We will be there to welcome you at 14.15, inside the Info Point Visiteurs (Place Luxembourg), European Parliament.
Alexandra Yaghil, Programme & Network Manager, Euclid Network
Tel.: +44 (0)7408810111
Fahima Bousba, European projects coordinator, Mouves
Tel.: +33 (0)673884425